Advocating for Good Food in Your Community
Presented by Food Forward and the Toronto Youth Food Policy Council
Where: Main Floor Lounge – Oriole Community Centre, 2975 Don Mills Road West
When: Wednesday February 26, 6.30 – 8.30 pm
What: A free community workshop!
How to foster relationships to create gardens, kitchens, food stores, farmer’s markets and community food hubs in your neighbourhood.
Learn valuable skills in communicating what your community wants:
– Lessons from neighbourhoods that have built food into new developments
– How the development process works
– Communicating with your city councillor and planners
– Building new places to grow, cook, buy and sell food in your neighbourhood
Come find out how to build a stronger community with your neighbours and use your voice.
Refreshments will be served.
Please pass this along to your neighbours, friends and family.
The more people engaged, the more your community will thrive!
Let us know you’re coming: email@example.com or 416-459-9975
With support from the Heart & Stroke Foundation
and thanks to the Fairview Food Security Network
Working Women Community Centre is offering a 7-week training course for Women who want to build on leadership skills and become civically engaged in their neighbourhoods.
With this training women will:
· Build on leadership and communication skill
· Practice public speaking
· Get to know your community and its resources
· Learn how to be part of effective decision making in your community
· Receive a certificate upon completion
TTC tokens will be provided and light refreshments
From February 26th to April 9th 2014
To register please fill up an application form and email it or fax it back to us at: 416 532 1065 >>>>>SPACE IS LIMITED<<<<<